Chaplain, Lieutenant Colonel Bradley T. Green is Chaplain of the I.G. Brown Training and Education Center at McGhee Tyson Air National Guard Base in East Tennessee. He provides chaplain support for more than 4,000 in-resident service members per year.
Before his current position Chaplain Green was Wing Chaplain of the 156th Airlift Wing, Luis Muñoz Marín Air National Guard Base, Carolina, Puerto Rico. He supervised three chaplains and three chaplain assistants in the delivery of pastoral care to the base community, to include counseling and crisis support. Chaplain Green is a native of Sale Creek, Tenn., and he was ordained in February 2000 at Fielder Road Baptist Church in Arlington, Texas. Chaplain Green served for eight years with the regular Air Force and was commissioned by the Air Force Reserve in October 1997 as a chaplain candidate. Chaplain Green participated in overseas contingencies, including Operations ENDURING FREEDOM (x3), and IRAQI FREEDOM (x2), as well as a deployment in support of AFSOUTH in Manta, Ecuador.
2018 Doctor of Philosophy, Organizational Leadership, Regent University, by correspondence
2014 Master of Business Administration, Bryan College, by correspondence
2012 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2005 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Montgomery, Ala.
2001 Residency in Clinical Pastoral Education, Baptist Hospital, Pensacola, Fla.
2000 Master of Divinity, Theology, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, Ft. Worth, Texas
1995 Bachelor of Arts, Bible, Bryan College, Dayton, Tenn.
1. October 1997 - July 2000, Chaplain Candidate, 9018 Air Reserve Personnel Center, Denver
2. July 2000 - January 2003, Protestant Chaplain, 9017 Air Reserve Personnel Center, Denver (assigned as Individual Mobilization Augmentee to 16th Special Operations Wing, Hurlburt Field, Fla.)
3. January 2003 - July 2005, Protestant Chaplain, 16th Special Operations Wing, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
4. July 2005 - July 2007, Installation Chaplain, Ankara Support Facility, Ankara, Turkey
5. July 2007 - September 2009, Protestant Chaplain, Davis-Monthan Air Force Base, Tucson, Ariz.
6. September 2009 - October 2012, Chaplain, 156th Airlift Wing, Luis Muñoz Marín ANGB, Carolina, Puerto Rico
7. October 2012 - August 2017, Wing Chaplain, 156th Airlift Wing, Luis Muñoz Marín ANGB, Carolina, Puerto Rico
8. August 2017- present, Chaplain, I.G. Brown Training and Education Center, McGhee Tyson ANGB, Louisville, Tenn.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Air Force Commendation Medal with 4 oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Oct. 21, 1997
First Lieutenant July 17, 2000
Captain Oct. 1, 2002
Major Oct. 17, 2009
Lieutenant Colonel Oct. 17, 2016
(Current as of November 2019)